Re: [NSW] Buses ireplaced of trains.........

Thanks Marvin,. for that. Much appreciated.

I did get your sarcasm ;)

"Marvin The Martian" <choochoo@spin.net.au> wrote in message
3AD2569E.AE98435E@spin.net.au">news:3AD2569E.AE98435E@spin.net.au...

>  As a guard I have been in numerous situations where the shit has hit the
fan, I
> understand that people will be late etc. but unfortunately there is
nothing you
> can do about it.
Please understand I'm not having a personal go at you guys. I'm having a go
at the system you work for.

> Most of  the passengers are understanding about it and I
> usually have some fun with them by joking about the situation and most
people
> accept it but there is always one person bitching and complaining and that
to me
> sounds like you.

Me? Never! ;) In this particular case there was no information period. No
notice (handwritten or otherwise), announcement, note from the ticket
master, not one single indication that there was a problem at all, except
there abnormal amounts of people on the platform looking dazed and confused
and the usual 8 set wasn't there.

> Whenever someone catches a train they should realize that
> sometimes there can be problems, there also can be problems on buses and
taxis
> too. Next time you are on a bus and it breaks down are you going to be
bitching
> to the driver?

Yep. Probably more jovially than I do in here, but yes.;)

> The SRA is always telling us to keep the passengers informed, I try and do
that
> but sometimes information is hard to come by and communication when the
shit
> hits the fan needs work I will grant you that.

I'm glad you acknowlege that fact. You've essentially hit it on the head for
me there:

My point is that I understand and sympathise with the SRA employees and I
never, ever, ever pick on SRA staff in a personal fashion, just as I would
not expect to be picked on in a personal manner by a commuter if I were in
your job.

The fact that you *want* to inform but you *can't* because of the system is
*exactly* my point about all of this: the lack of careful information, if at
all, in stressful times, so the staff can do their jobs. The SRA as it's
structured today can't cope with this, even on a micro level.

The SRA is inefficient and costly and I can only hope as a person who will
never work for them in their current state, that they get it all together
before it collapses under the rot and rort, doing the whole country a
disservice.

 I get a little "passionate" when dealing with this stuff, so excuse me for
colourful description and negative angle, but I'm like this because I want
the SRA to be an example of a government business, doing well, respected by
the people and healthy. A far cry from what it is right now.

> Also I will not defend station
> staff as there are some very good ones out there but there is also some
lazy
> pricks.

As is the situation in general life too. I'm not even personally having a go
at the SRA staff. Maybe the inspectors that run by their little black books
to the letter are an exception of late, but generally I hold no malice or
ill will to the employees. It's your employer, it's employer/owner and it's
governing legislation which is the crux of my beef, no individual SRA
workers.

Ivan