Re: [NSW] Buses ireplaced of trains.........

Ok shouting troll f^ckwit!

Time: 0845
Train Departure Time: 0905
Date: 09/04/01
Place: Cronulla NSW, Platform 1
Weekly Ticket in my possession.

Event: I walk in. No train. Line for miles at ticketing window. Ticket
machine closed. At least 40 people standing around wondering what has
happened. I talk to three elderly ladies who tell me that on the radio they
had said there was a points/signal failure at Mortdale and the next train
wasn't due 'till 1035 (time now 0900 - train departs normally at 0905).
Still no train.

I ask the Station Master what is going on, who is happily taking peoples
money and not saying anything about the service difficulty and the prick
says " There is another train at 10:35 you'll have to catch that one". I say
"listen, I'm very late for work if I don't catch this train it's not gonna
look good. What are going to do as far as getting me to Sutherland in some
sort of reasonable time?", His answer "There is another train at 10.35 Sir!,
next please..."

Ok,

WHERE ARE THE F^CKING BUSSES NOW!?!? SMART ARSE.

By the time I get home tonight I will be an extra $12 out of pocket, for the
two buses I have to catch in each direction to get to work.

I thought after my last encounter and supposed "technical fare evasion", for
which I have paid big time in the courts, and attracted the uninformed and
negative input by R Speed on Usenet, that I should take a new view of the
SRA, but after this morning's little costly exercise I hold them in nothing
but contempt. The SRA (SRA people don't take this as a personal attack on
yourselves) is a collumping white elephant groaning under the weight of it's
concocted bureaucracy and outdated governing legislation. I would never work
for the SRA because I know frustration with training and work practices
would have me leaving sabotaging the very company I work for.

Once again; There was no information, no attempt by staff, complaining and
confused drivers and guards, pissed off commuters, arrogance and frustration
displayed by SRA staff in the light of their inadequate and confused system.

So you see, there were no busses. We did the right thing and the SRA and
it's employee did the WRONG thing.

I'm going to be $12 worse off with no compensation by the time I go home
tonight if the SRA can't sort it out.

Gotta love the trains: so reliable, and on such an efficient system, with
such pleasant working conditions that State Rail is the place to be
employed. NOT!.

The only thing to come out of this is that I know Rod Speed is now a write
off and is to be ignored at all times and that busses are more expensive and
less efficient than trains. I guess this is the value you get from a budget
transport operation like the SRA.

Ivan

9amipl$5a2$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:9amipl$5a2$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...