Easter Show and some other things

Morning all,
Spent Saturday at the Easter show, using a Showlink from Morisset to get
there.  Overall the day was pretty good, show was excellent and easy as to get
there.

Few points though:  Why a 4-car V-set from Newcastle for the service I was on
(11:17 from Morisset to Central)?  This train was absolutely packed by Wyong,
where there was an unused set there (the thought that came to mind was to join
them, like has been mentioned in another thread), and certainly by Gosford
(few more sets not doing an awful lot).

Good service from Strathfield to Olympic Park, very frequent, we just changed
platforms and hey presto, train leaves.  It went like the clappers, then got a
few reds going into Olympic Park, so where it took about 2 minutes from
Strathfield to Flemington, it took about 10 to do the rest of the trip.  We
thought everyone else going to the show had already arrived, as there were
only about 6 people in our carriage.  Got to Olympic Park, straight into a
CityRail station guy's arms, who asked us if we knew where to go, pointed out
directions, and told us what to do (why can't they all be like that??).

Wandered around the show until the legs gave out, then left after the main
close.  The crowd was large, but moved well, and the train back from Olympic
Park was packed. Since we'd missed the Newcastle service back (by about 5
minutes) we went into Central to get food, but everything there was closed as
well.  Then on the 10:17 from Central back to Morisset (got back to Maitland
around 1am).  Not so bad, we got a 3-seater at the end of the carriage and
were able to stretch out and have a kip.

Link tickets are definitely the way to go, that was my first time to Olympic
Park.

My eldest brother, who hasn't caught a train in probably 10+ years, went to
the Kiss concert at the Superdome that night as well.  He was complaining that
it took about 45 minutes by taxi from North Sydney to get there.  I told him
he should have caught the train, it would have taken about 25, and been
cheaper to boot.

--
Al Pout

Men are from Earth.