Re: A thumbs up to trains

"Mark & Roz Creely" <mcreely@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
3ACEE752.17FE706F@pnc.com.au">news:3ACEE752.17FE706F@pnc.com.au...
> Maurie,
>
> Hate to point out a glaring omission, what about TrailerRail?
>
> Customers arrange for trailers to be picked up and dropped off at the
terminal.

> They are then made up into a train, then sent from Melbourne, Adelaide and
> Sydney to Perth.
>
> This is an enormously successful business venture, promoted by you guessed
it
> National Rail.
>
> Sorry to puncture your balloon 8^)

there is a hilarious letter to the editors (as opposed to a "Letter to the
editor") which appeared in this months Railway Digest - if it is not
reproduced in a couple of days, I will reproduce it here, for those who are
interested. It basically concerns an Americans perceptions of Australian
railways, and is a real hoot.

Dave