Re: Call for rail line to Coober Pedy

>"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in reply to:
> "Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
> 9078A2C0BgunzelT333@203.50.2.80">news:9078A2C0BgunzelT333@203.50.2.80...
> | keith malcolm <kmalcolm@tpg.com.au> wrote in article

> | >You mean the one with wings?
> |
> | I guess they store winged pigs in pork barrels.

>Said Tezza:

>Why not, they store people in barrels in bank vaults.

Said Tell:

Speaking of barrels in bank vaults, stopped off on my
way to Adelaide t'other week and watched/photographed a
triple NR with double stack and a maximum length train
thunder southbound through some of these "famous" SA
Towns, no backing off, just a short blast on the horn
and "jeez glad I was not on any of the level and ped
crossings".  Just awesome.  Dont know if any of their
southern drivers suffer with ulcers or stomach trouble
but screaming through these little towns with max
trains would have to get the gastric juices flowing.

Still they are running on former concrete continous
welded AN track which appears to be well looked after
by ARTC.

NSW Vic WA rail users, ......dream on.

....Tell