Re: Comments posted on this ng, by myself

paul wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:30:24 +1000, "Nathan Cox" <nathan1@ihug.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >I would like to say, that all posts put on this newsgroup are in private and
> >do not express the views of the State Rail Authority.
> >

> I was just having a chat to Nathan about this yesterday. Regardless of
> whether or not SRA managers have the right to admonish a staff member
> for newsgroup posts, it is very, very foolhardy indeed to criticise
> the Authority in a public forum such as this.
>
> "Ve haf vays", might be the message here.
>
> From one who has felt the full force of State Rail's "disciplinary
> action". I don't think it was for newsgroup posts, but hard to be
> sure.
>
> paul x is the spam filter

One does have to worry about SRA management.  They seem more concerned about what
employees say and do on a internet news group, than doing the job their are paid
to do i.e. run a railway where the trains are properly mantained, and providing a
service that is relevant to its users.  What is their philosophy, Loose lips sink
ships?.  Or do they figure that if the employees are kept under the thumb  that
the public won't find out how incompetent they really are.

-greg