Re: Rope's creek line and new housing area (possibility of new life)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001 22:17:45 +1000, "Philip Shortus"
<Shortus@bigpond.com> wrote:

>Hey all once again,
>I have another question on disused railways, It's about the Ropes creek Line
>and will it be resused for the new housing estate they're planing to build
>on the former ADI land (although this might not go ahead), but if they do
>will they reuse this line for the estate (although the station names will
>most likely change).
>I mean how would you like a station called Cochrane?

Was reading in the local press that the freight terminal is to go
ahead. I'd say that would rule out re-opening the old line. Perhaps
not the most attractive thing to put smack in the middle of a housing
estate anyway.

Buses to St Marys or Mt Druitt seem most likely to me, if the estate
eventually gets built. There's a lot of opposition to it. Where else
in the Sydney area will you find wild kangaroos.

paul x is the spam filter