RE: Rope's creek line and new housing area (possibility of new life)

mmm....I've always had that curiosity when they re-announced the ADI site a
couple of months back (December, 2000).
Every week I go past along that line to get to Tregear, and it's every week
always look at the line to see if any thing's changed (which is never)

I simply don't see why they can't use that line (Other than Political and
Financial reasons) if ever the ADI site comes in. It's still in reasonable
condition? retains most of its orignal items? And it practically solves half
of the government's claimed Infrastructure problems if the ADI is painfully
announced? (!?)

Chatting with a mate who was on a SETS tour of the Line ("Ropes Creek
Revisited"- June/1998) "all you need to do is fix up the track, platforms,
replace new signals, throw in the overhead...voila! a new line!"

I've been told by SETS and ARHS/nsw personally that Lend Lease (who owns the
line beyond Dunheaved) has secured the area and ain't interested in holding
tours there!
Major setback when I asked the security guard at the gate!!!

Taking great interest in this railway line....cause I live fairly close to
it!
Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
P.S. Stopped 'Ropsy' since it was claimed to be insulting! (Don't know why?)

>===== Original Message From "Philip Shortus" <Shortus@bigpond.com> =====
>Hey all once again,
>I have another question on disused railways, It's about the Ropes creek Line
>and will it be resused for the new housing estate they're planing to build
>on the former ADI land (although this might not go ahead), but if they do
>will they reuse this line for the estate (although the station names will
>most likely change).
>I mean how would you like a station called Cochrane?

"Behind every troll on newsgroups, is a human being, in a house, on a
computer" (Maikha Ly)