Re: Ballarat East and Ballarat North workshop[Vic]

In article <u4mbtsc8hfkujgro9j2bcfalu06amh0rbk@4ax.com>,
  Yuri <steam4me@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2000 11:46:56 GMT, Railway Rasputin3
> <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > Clyde(now EDI-rail)
> >refurbish/maintain those S and B class locos for WCR
>
> Are you sure?
>
> What do all those WCR people do at Ballarat East then?  Apart from
> refurbish steam locos such as R700, R766, that is.

I know I read that from WCR's newsletter last year unfortunately I
didn't get to copy the newsletter. But I just visited their homepage
and it says

< maintenance facilities are located at Warrnambool, and Ballarat East
(120 km WNW of Melbourne, linked by rail from Melbourne and Geelong).
All locomotives and carriages are owned and maintained by the company>

Maybe things have changed since then.....

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/