Re: Ballarat East and Ballarat North workshop[Vic]

Railway Rasputin3 <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8r3b8l$qrl$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8r3b8l$qrl$1@nnrp1.deja.com...

> I only just found out, there are 2 workshops in Ballarat.
> Ballarat North is situate at north side of Ballarat,
> approxiately where Mildura line and Ararat Line met. A
> distinct feature of the workshop is a damaged Hitachi
> stable at the yard outside and can be seen from a distance.
> Ballarat North purchased by Alstom and Alstom carry out
> refurbishment for Connex's Comeng.

> Ballarat East is where WCR keep their rolling stocks, locos
> and perserve rolling stocks. EDI-Rail group carry our
> refurbishment and maintenace for WCR at Ballarat East.
> Ballarat East can be seen if you travel from Melbourne by
> train. The workshop is 3-5 minutes before apporaching
> Ballarat station on the left hand side.

I was under the impression that the workshops at Ballarat East, (actually
formerly a locomotive depot with decent repair facilities) was run entirely
by WCR, where do EDI fit in?

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - 82329734
Phone - long, long, short, long.