NSW Around the Olympic Transport Venues 30/9

Today I travelled (by car) around some of the areas affected by Olympic
Transport. Here is a brief summary.

Penrith (just before lunch) - many people coming back from Kayak finals.
Passengers transferring well between bus and train.

Lidcombe (about 1pm) - Difficult to park in area (situation normal). Many
buses coming and going. Entry to Lidcombe station was normal.

Regents Park Bus 2000 depot - Surprisingly easy to get a parking space. Many
country buses from NSW sighted. There was a loud cheer (presumably from a
meal room) when a goal was scored in the soccer so we thought but it was
disallowed (due to offisde) and the cheers stopped. I didn't know we had
buses from Cameroon here.

Travelling around the edges of Olympic Park - Many people on foot. Buses
everywhere. Traffic flowing well, much to my surprise. Many buses full,
espcially from north.

Meadowbank (Parramatta River, about 3pm) - With most competitions finished,
many athletes and officals could be seen on the River Cats, including a
parrallel run of two Rivercats at one stage. A mixture of K, T, G V sets
were seen. I saw my first CountryLink trains since the Games started with
the up Grafton XPT and Northern Tablelands Xplorer as well as the down
Brisbane XPT. No sightings of the Safety Vest on Wheels or the Olympic power
car. I got a nice cross between a Rivercat and a V set.I also got very muddy
looking for a new angle of the bridge (quick mud?)

Ryde area - Many buses full and overloaded heading south. Traffic flowing
well.

West Ryde station (about 6pm) - All buses to Water Polo were State Transit
(and not the usual mix of companies sighted elsewhere). Heard a Ms DVA
announcement "Welcome to West Ryde. To travel to the Olympic Water Polo
venue, follow the yellow signs." or similar.

Sandown 6.30pm - Saw 442s3/4 light engine. Took a few pics.

Eric

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com