Re: [NSW] Fare evasion (sort of)

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39d547ef$1$15560$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d547ef$1$15560$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> <snip>
> I haven't heard anything, but CityRail must have recieved funds from the
>government to make up for lost revenue and to pay for the
> thousands of extra staff, Olympic bonus, free food, extra services.

The Metro companies (Light Rail & Monothingy) were not included in the ORTA
arrangements.  Everybody had to purchase a ticket, of course many argued
about it.  A little docket explaining the reason was available to handed to
complainers. It stated that the companies had wished to be included in the
ORTA arrangement and to complain people should ring 131500.

> A lot of people would be pissed off to lose their commemerative tickets in
a >machine.

Ted