Re: [NSW] Fare evasion (sort of)

"Hubert Lam"
> I've been thinking about this too, especially with the side gates wide
> open at stations with ticket barriers, it'll be hard to even calculate
> how many "free trips" have been made over the past two weeks of the
> Olympics! (hmm...17 fare free days? for such a wonderful and almost-
> faultless rail service over the past two weeks as well!)

I haven't heard anything, but CityRail must have recieved funds from the government to make up for lost revenue and to pay for the
thousands of extra staff, Olympic bonus, free food, extra services.

> I think the Olympic tickets should have had magnetic stripes, and
> passengers made to pass through them...but this will obviously put
> crowd control under extreme conditions as people bank up at the
> barriers.

A lot of people would be pissed off to lose their commemerative tickets in a machine.

> Any other thoughts?

Not usually, that's why I'm a train Driver.