Re: CityRail Olympic Passenger Numbers

"Michael"
> Tezza

> >> Malcolm Purvis's version was fine under Agent with fixed width font,
> >> but your original posting wasn't.
> >
> >I checked the *original* post and after clicking fixed width, it was
> >perfectly aligned.
>
> Because you set your "fixed width" font to be Comic Sans MS

I wish you'd stop telling me things you don't know about. *All* I did was click fixed width font.

>(Some programs
> may be stupid enough to allow you to do this).

*If* that had been the case, then it sounds like an itelligent program. Which is something I would never call Forté Agent, one of
the most unintuitive, non-user friendly programs I've ever seen.

> The point here is, your
> original post is NOT aligned when the screen is set to a fixed width font.

And yet it was.

> Your orignal post was NOT aligned with either a) Arial (Dynamic font, I use
> this as my main font) b) Courier New (Fixed Width font, what I set when
> viewing a space formatted table, as yours was).

Maybe the problem was you or your fonts.

> The point is, your table can ONLY be read properly with Comic Sans MS, no
> other fonts.

Incorrect.

> For compatibility, tables should be formatted in a fixed width
> font, so EVERYONE can make simple adjustments (i.e. pressing "View Fixed
> Width") to read it properly.

Maybe everyone should use Comic Sans MS and Outlook Express so they "conform".

> For the record, even Outlook Express has an option for *viewing* in fixed
> width (open the message, go into the View menu, choose Font Size, then
> choose Fixed Width. you can enable/disable this whenever you want).
> Unfortunately, Outlook Express is stupid enough not to give this option
> when composing a message. You can however set this by going into Tools ->
> Options, clicking on the Compose tab, then setting your Newsgroups font to
> any fixed width font (such as Courier New), and the only time you will see
> this font is when writing messages. Viewing messages will be normal until
> it's required.

In case you've been asleep while reading, I want to use Comic Sans MS.

> Can someone here be bothered making up some screendumps of what I mean?

Why? *I'm* not going to do something *you* want me to do for a post I made 2 days ago.