Re: CityRail Olympic Passenger Numbers

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in article
<39d3e960$0$26527$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:

>> Malcolm Purvis's version was fine under Agent with fixed width font,
>> but your original posting wasn't.
>
>I checked the *original* post and after clicking fixed width, it was
>perfectly aligned.

Because you set your "fixed width" font to be Comic Sans MS (Some programs
may be stupid enough to allow you to do this). The point here is, your
original post is NOT aligned when the screen is set to a fixed width font.

Your orignal post was NOT aligned with either a) Arial (Dynamic font, I use
this as my main font) b) Courier New (Fixed Width font, what I set when
viewing a space formatted table, as yours was).

The point is, your table can ONLY be read properly with Comic Sans MS, no
other fonts. For compatibility, tables should be formatted in a fixed width
font, so EVERYONE can make simple adjustments (i.e. pressing "View Fixed
Width") to read it properly.

For the record, even Outlook Express has an option for *viewing* in fixed
width (open the message, go into the View menu, choose Font Size, then
choose Fixed Width. you can enable/disable this whenever you want).
Unfortunately, Outlook Express is stupid enough not to give this option
when composing a message. You can however set this by going into Tools ->
Options, clicking on the Compose tab, then setting your Newsgroups font to
any fixed width font (such as Courier New), and the only time you will see
this font is when writing messages. Viewing messages will be normal until
it's required.

Can someone here be bothered making up some screendumps of what I mean?

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).