Re: CityRail Olympic Passenger Numbers

>> > Next time you post a table could you use a fixed width font to make
sure
>> > everything is aligned.  The following is your table suitably
reformatted:
Sometimes aus.rail gives me the shits!!!!!

First, tezza posted some very interesting statistics about what is becoming
the Public Transport Event (Public Transport miracle?) of the Century!

Nobody has commented that, despite our fears, CityRail is successfully
moving the crowds where MARTA in Atlanta failed so miserably.  If we're
going to be on-topic, these statistics are magnificent.

This afternoon (Wed. 27 Sept) I watched in awe as the crowds heading for
Olympic Park banked up a little at Sydney Terminal / Central between 16:30
and 17:30 while the crowds returning to the city got off trains.  At the
very worst, maybe four trainloads of passengers (that's 8,000 people) waited
up to 15 minutes (that's 4 trains in 15 minutes loading at a dead-end
terminus).  Despite my occasion past sarcasm, this worked really well!!!

Second, what do the little internet addicts say about tezza's posting?  Did
they see a train?  Did they read the numbers?  No!!   They make an entirely
irrelevant complaint about the fonts that their newsreaders apply to tezza's
plain ascii text posting!!!!  Wank on!

Hoping this helps,

Bill