Re: CityRail Olympic Passenger Numbers

They are indeed magnificent figures!

Incidentally, Sydney's trams carried over 1 million people in one day on
twelve occasions between 1920 and 1930. Not a bad effort considering
Sydney's population at that time was less than, or just over, 1 million.

Regards,
Bob Merchant

"Bill McNiven" <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
uWiA5.7041$O7.131015@ozemail.com.au">news:uWiA5.7041$O7.131015@ozemail.com.au...
| sure
| reformatted:
| Sometimes aus.rail gives me the shits!!!!!
|
| First, tezza posted some very interesting statistics about what is
becoming
| the Public Transport Event (Public Transport miracle?) of the Century!
|
| Nobody has commented that, despite our fears, CityRail is successfully
| moving the crowds where MARTA in Atlanta failed so miserably.  If we're
| going to be on-topic, these statistics are magnificent.
|
| This afternoon (Wed. 27 Sept) I watched in awe as the crowds heading for
| Olympic Park banked up a little at Sydney Terminal / Central between 16:30
| and 17:30 while the crowds returning to the city got off trains.  At the
| very worst, maybe four trainloads of passengers (that's 8,000 people)
waited
| up to 15 minutes (that's 4 trains in 15 minutes loading at a dead-end
| terminus).  Despite my occasion past sarcasm, this worked really well!!!
|
| Second, what do the little internet addicts say about tezza's posting?
Did