Re: CityRail Olympic Passenger Numbers

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill McNiven <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> writes:

Bill> If we're going to be on-topic, these statistics are magnificent.

Indeed they are.  OK, getting back on topic:

1) Does anyone have an idea of why the forecasted numbers have been revised
   down 10%.  Are there less commuters fighting the crowds or less spectators?

2) After looking at the daily breakdown, I'm surprised how deceptive the
   overall figure can be.  Sure CityRail is moving 2.5 times the number of
   people it normally does, but Sunday absorbs a lot of that increase.  A
   better description is saying that three peak hours a day without a break
   for two weeks.

It's still a heck of a lot of people to move with so few problems.

Malcolm