Re: Line beyond......

It's not being totally resignalled, it's just getting a new signal on
the northern end of the loop platform and a new catchpoint (in the main
line at the southern end) to allow simultaneous entry into the main and
loop from each end. And the up and down starters are getting a yellow
aspect. And there is a new Up signal at Yallah which will be controlled
from Dapto. Now if you've been into the relay room at Dapto you'll find
that it's chockers. We've done a couple of recent jobs there
(trainstops and the new siding platform) which has filled it to
capacity. So to add more relays was out of the question. So instead we
are putting in a Westrace computer based signalling system and
therefore we're redesigning the interlocking requirements. Are you
happy now?

regards Ian
Signal Design Engineer

In article <39CDF474.62E4294B@efs.mq.edu.au>,
  Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote:
> David Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Eddie Oliver wrote:
> >
> > > 2. Why does Dapto need to be resignalled at all?
> >
> > Probably to interface the starter signals with track circuits /
axle counters
> > rather than an electric staff.
>
> Well, I wouldn't call that resignalling but just interfacing. Perhaps
we
> could run a useless thread on how much change and/or what kind of
> changes need to be made to a signalling system before it constitutes
> "resignalling". Tezza and Dave Proctor would no doubt be able to give
us
> their unparalleled wisdom even on that subject.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.