Re: Latest news on Speedrail

William Miller wrote:

> OK, so everybody's experience is different. I was expressing a view to get
> some balance to the what seems like a continuous flow of negatism about the
> thing. The fact that it is a personal view (what other can I have?) is
> irrelevant.
>
> My experience of air travel in this country (I fly about twice a month) is
> that around 40-50% of flights experience some kind of delay. Of course the
> airlines are very good at palming this off (better than rail).It may not be
> *your* experience but it is certainly
> *mine*.
>
> I am definetly not the *only* one! Of course the gample is,will Australians
> take to it like Europeans?

Personally, I would have to agree with William.  My experience with
extensive Sydney - Melbourne travel in Australia is that ther are always
'some' delays, usually a peak hour slippage of 15 mins to half an hour
for Sydney - Melbourne.  My experiences are that TGV services do not
have this problem and indeed RENFRE (Spain) offers fare refunds if its
TGV services are more than 5 minutes late!  I would like to see
Australian airlines offer this there would be heaps of free travel.

Chris