Re: Latest news on Speedrail

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39c9f903$0$26540$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39c9f903$0$26540$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> I partially agree. But how many of those 4million car journeys made
between
> Canberra and Sydney are businessmen? I'd reckon most would be private.

I reckon a lot would be government flunkies (pollies/public servants).

> > I believe that the same would be similar from Sydney to Canberra (and
> Sydney
> > to Melbourne and Canberra to Melbourne).
>
> Sydney to Melboorne, I think would be a better proposition. But then
again,
> what times are they talking about? 80 minutes just to Canberra, yet
> Melboorne's only an hour by plane.

They were talking about three hours SYD - MEL - which would make it very
competitive, when you look at centre of SYD to centre of MEL.

> > The productive time would be much greater by rail than it would be by
air,
> > and that is what would be of interest to the corporate sector, and is
what
> > would give SpeedRail an advantage.
>
> But they're putting computer and internet access on planes now, so.......

But only whilst at cruise, which for a 55 minute flight is around 25
minutes. Not a lot of time to get in and do something.

Dave