Re: Melbourne on track for a connie comeback

> - carrying an unvalidated ticket. Validating it when the inspectors
get on
> (on trams)
happened quite often....people especially new user or un-common users.

Sometimes I reckon i suffer from <metcard> disease...when I was in
Sydney last week I looked for a validator whenever I purchased a ticket.

> - knowing which fare gates are frequently left open and unattended (eg
> Flinders Street Station, Elizabeth Street subway, southern end)
Or just jump across the fence. Now they installed the glass wall, it
would be hard to do so.

> Last week I even saw a guy get on a train, realise inspectors were in
the
> next carriage, then at the next stop he produced an unvalidated
ticket from
> his wallet, dashed out to the validator, validated and jumped back on
the
> train.
>
> In that same carriage, I saw around 5 other people (including one mum
with
> child, and two pensioners - they come in all shapes and sizes) who
obviously
> didn't have tickets, and dodged the inspectors. The inspectors only
caught
> 1.
tsk tsk...my god! connies won't be introduce on trains, if the plans
reintroduce station staffs on some of the stations might help....

Which line do you travel most frequently Daniel?

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/