Re: Multiple trains at level crossing

> Well, today I broke my record for the number of trains passing through a level
> crossing while waiting to drive across - FIVE on a two track crossing.
>
> At 10:45am at Macaulay Rd Kensington (Melbourne) we got an Up Broady local,
> followed by an Up Show Special, then a Down Show Special then an Up Hoys
> Shepparton pass then a down Broady local - all within about 4 minutes without
> the booms raising and with front-row seats.

Well I inspected that crossing on Friday lunch time (when the
Showgrounds (SGS) trains run at 5 minute intervals):
GATES DOWN
Down Broadmeadows (BMS)
Up BMS
Down SGS
Up SGS
Up Sprinter
Down VLP
Up Special (low lines, empty Bayside Hitachi)
GATES UP (about 2 minutes)
GATES DOWN
Up SGS
Down SGS
GATES UP (about 2 minutes)
GATES DOWN
Down SGS
Up SGS
GATES UP (about 2 minutes)
GATES DOWN
Up SGS
Down SGS
Down BMS
Up BMS
Down Sprinter
GATES UP.

etc.....

If you think that is bad try Oaks Day in the evening peak.  You have all
the 3-5 minute service on the Flemington Racecourse (RCE) Line, then the
peak hour service on the BMS line and the peak hour V/Line service.

(That is why Oaks day is worse than Cup Day, the RCE service is the
same, but cup day is a Saturday timetable for normal trains, but Oaks
day is a weekday service)

> Can anyone top that on a two track cossing (or any number of tracks for that
> matter)?

So lunchtime at Kensington (12pm) is the go, with the 5 minute service
on the SGS line, BMS services, up VLP, down Albury and down Seymour.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news