Re: olympic transport system

Geoff

Believe it or not, the media was not harsh on CityRail at all but were
wqarning of congestion as could be expected. Even our "friends" at the
Terrorgraph have eased up.

I know it has something to do with ORTA but how come lately when ORTA run
things for special events and things go well, there seems (to me anyway) a
reduction in the kudos given to CityRail but an increase to ORTA but when
things hit the overhead, ORTA is not seen in the news anywhere. If it wasn't
for CityRail or trains, ORTA would be stuffed!

Does anyone think that the ORTA spokesman would be a good spokesperson for
CityRail (not saying that the current people do a bad job)? I notice that
with the exception of Bob Carr (who was reported as catching a train the
other day to Penrith), the pollies haven't admitted that CityRail has done a
good job so far.

I hope there was security/police in Lawson Street Junior........

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com

glillic@msn.com.au wrote in message
<_NIy5.56052$c5.156333@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...
|I have not been at home today to see any TV news, but I gather the media
has
|run with the increased delays to trains, etc., because of the start of the
|athletics today. I was at Redfern this morning about 9.10am and there were
|MUCH bigger crowds than on previous days. The passengers arriving at
Redfern
|wanting to join Olympic Park services were being directed OUT of the
station
|into Lawson Street and then into Little Eveleigh Street where they queued
|for departing trains. |