Re: Multiple trains at level crossing

Daniel Bowen <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
8q0z5.3557$Z06.28650@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:8q0z5.3557$Z06.28650@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> "Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in
> message 39CC8FF2.96FEA078@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:39CC8FF2.96FEA078@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...

>> Well I inspected that crossing on Friday lunch time (when
>> the Showgrounds (SGS) trains run at 5 minute intervals):

<snip the detail>

>> etc.....

>> If you think that is bad try Oaks Day in the evening
>> peak.  You have all the 3-5 minute service on the
>> Flemington Racecourse (RCE) Line, then the peak hour
>> service on the BMS line and the peak hour V/Line service.

>> (That is why Oaks day is worse than Cup Day, the RCE
>> service is the same, but cup day is a Saturday timetable
>> for normal trains, but Oaks day is a weekday service)

>>> Can anyone top that on a two track cossing (or any number
>>> of tracks for that matter)?

>> So lunchtime at Kensington (12pm) is the go, with the 5
>> minute service on the SGS line, BMS services, up VLP, down
>> Albury and down Seymour.

> Let's add airport trains to the mix!
> Now I can see why they want to send them via Albion...

This set of Booms at Kensington is a bit funny as when the box is switched
in the booms operate manually.  The Booms are only automatic when the box is
switched out, which iirc never happens.  The reason for this is Kensington
has been the fringe box for Metrol ever since NME Jct Box was remote
controlled several years ago.

If the booms were purely automatic, and proper express/stopping selection
was installed for up moves, then you may see a slightly better opening for
the evil road user.

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - 82329734
Phone - long, long, short, long.