Rail accountability WAS > Re: FreightCorp sale is official.

mauried@tpg.com.au (Maurie Daly) wrote in another
thread:

> >Dunno about freightcorp ,but some details on the NRC sale is on
> >OASITOs Web Site www.oasito.gov.au.
> >OASITO is the federal office of assett sales who are acting as agents
> >for the 3 owners of NRC.
> >
> >MD
> >

> What isnt clear from the above Web site is what exactly is being
> offered for sale , ie what do NRC actually own as distinct from lease.
> They dont own the NRs and they dont own the terminals in QLD and WA.
> I presume they do own Sth Dynon and some terminals in Sydney (anyone
> know which one).
> Who owns the terminals at Dry Creek in SA and at Alice springs ?
> When thje feds sold AN ,they had to totally pay out the leases on the
> ELs and ANs before AN could be offered for sale.
> It will be interesting to see if the Shareholders of NRC are willing
> to pay out the leases on the NRs ,as this will be BIG bickies.
>
> There is also the issue of the long term contracts with Goninans for
> maintenance,and also presumably the existing staff would also have
> some sort of contracts of employment.
> Will the new owner be obliged to continue with existing contracts??
>
> Hmm.
> Messy stuff.

It sure is, a lot of the real estate formerly owned by
CR/ANR/AN has been flogged off in Alice Springs and in
turn is being flogged off again by "developers" for
even bigger bickies.

Are these sales organised by ARTC or OASITO and are the
monies received credited to ARTC's recent profits.?

More to the point, why is there no info available on
EXACTLY what the tax payer owned ARTC actually owns.?

Presumably annual reports are tabled in Canberra like
most other gov departments, BUT how/where do you even
begin to access them.?

----Tell
<< Knock out AS for email reply. >>