Re: FreightCorp sale is official.

The problem with hanging onto Freight Corp is that 70% of its business comes
from about 10% of its customers being the Hunter coal traffic. This traffic
is vulnerable to the open competition process and could be lost to Freight
Corp (as is happening with the NR etc contracts).  If that freight is lost
Freight Corp will be worth a great deal less.  While I am generally not too
enthusiastic about privatisation it is now the only commercially realistic
way to go.  The corporatised government entities run by public servants
trying to be commercial have been disastrous as the example of the appalling
record of Pacific Power in NSW.  I predict that for Telstra to remain
competitive, the remaining tranche in government ownership will have to be
sold.
Cheers
Rod Gayford

39b8da60$0$26551$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39b8da60$0$26551$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...