Re: Opening Ceremony MarkII

Good morning Geoff and aus.railers

I was also at the second dress rehearsal, and can only support what Geoff
has said. 70 000 plus people in the stadium and everything went like
clockwork as far as rail services were concerned, with trains on the Olympic
Park schedule running smoothly at 3 minute headway.

 We drove to Sydney and used suburban services throughout. Friends of ours
travelled from Wyong to Concord West and return by train, and were back from
the stadium in time to join us in picking up our daughters from the school
bus bringing performers home. Trains and stations spotlessly clean, staff
friendly and informative. Well done, Cityrail!

Graham Smith

IhRv5.50269$c5.140118@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:IhRv5.50269$c5.140118@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...