Re: Far northern tilt train on schedule

> My 10 cents worth... I can't see QR decomissioning the North Coast
Line
> electrification - after all it is vital for passenger workings, but I
> would be unsurprised to see the majority of freight workings revert to
> diesel. I think it is likely that we will continue to see 3900 class
> locos on the Sunlander, Queenslander, Spirit of the Outback & GSPE as
> doubt the current Brisbane - Rocky timings could be maintained with
> diesel traction.
I don't think diesels can run as fast as Electrics either....

> One point - if north coast freight reverts to diesel, what happens to
> the Salisbury - Acacia Ridge electrification?
Passenger service?? there was a long term plan for passenger service to
Acacia Ridge and follow the SG line to Browns Plain.
But it would be a VERY LONG TERM PLAN.  Just look at QR/QLD state
goverment's attitude towards Redclife line.

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/