Re: What's a SPAD (humour) - Was Signaller causes SPAD

"Peter Homann" <phomann@spamfree.prr.org.au> wrote in message
> Ted Gay wrote:
>
> > On the Sydney tram system (Metro Light Rail) both off-street and
on-street,
> > one Red light means:  STOP.
> >
> > Off street: a Red and White = "Drive on sight"
> >                 two White lights = "Line clear"
> >
> > On street: one amber light = "Prepare to stop, if safe to do so"
>
> Does that mean it can be *unsafe* to stop?

Of course, the same as for cars, you only stop on an amber light if doing so
will not cause an accident - you may have a semi up your arse who'll run
into you.

> >                 one green light = "Clear to proceed, if safe to do so"
> >
> > Ted
>
> Does that mean it can be *unsafe* to stop?

I gather you mean proceed, not stop. Someone may be running the red light,
so of course it would not be safe to proceed.