Re: What's a SPAD (humour) - Was Signaller causes SPAD

Ronald BESDANSKY <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in message
tbzu5.47874$c5.131568@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:tbzu5.47874$c5.131568@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> Strictly, "SPAD" should be replaced by "SPAS" in this
> country, but that term has unfortunate (schoolchild)
> derogatory implications.

I was under the impression that even the Poms have got in their rulebook
that the aspect displayed when the light is red is 'Stop' not 'Danger'.  So
SPAD should be SPAS in England too.  The question becomes, what is the 'Red'
aspect called in the NSW rulebook thesedays - 'Danger' or 'Stop'.

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - 82329734
Phone - long, long, short, long.