Re: Refurbished Comeng set, Melbourne [Vic.]

Andy B wrote in message ...

><Chris Brown> wrote in message
>39c72b27.1775384@news.alphalink.com.au">news:39c72b27.1775384@news.alphalink.com.au...
>
>> >The new seats are very hard, and you seam to sit 'on' them rather than
in
>> >them. Its like you are going to fall out of the seats while crossing a
>> >junction. Perhaps they are a little wider which is thoughtful. Not sure
>of
>> >the underseat look, very bear.
>>
>> The seats are not particularly comfortable, IMO, because the back of
>> the seat curves outwards, resulting in poor back support.
>
>I disagree there.
>
>I travelled on the train all day, and was amazed at how comfortable the
>seats were, particularly with my back.

I found them to be comfortable. If you slouch in the seats its not the best
but sitting in a normal position they are fine. However, they seemed to be a
bit small, with big gaps in between the seats. A few passengers (and staff)
had problems bringing the bench seat down (mainly due to the size, 3 seats
wide)

Another thing, there were no grab handles for standing passengers, the bar
is way too high to hold onto.

cheers
Johann