Re: Refurbished Comeng set, Melbourne [Vic.]

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:29:33 +1100, "Danny Rohr"
<danny.rohr@telstra.com> wrote:

>The new seats are very hard, and you seam to sit 'on' them rather than in
>them. Its like you are going to fall out of the seats while crossing a
>junction. Perhaps they are a little wider which is thoughtful. Not sure of
>the underseat look, very bear.

The seats are not particularly comfortable, IMO, because the back of
the seat curves outwards, resulting in poor back support.

>The colour scheme looks great, if a little cold looking inside. WHERES THE
>CARPET!  The lack of carpet seems to make the ride noisier than the
>un-referbished trains, not mention adding to the cold feeling factor. Carpet
>could have just been excluded in the door ways.

Carpet would be great, but there are always going to be idiots who
spread piss, vomit, chewing gum, etc, all over it, so easily cleanable
vinyl is probably better.

>The scorling information signs might have something of more interest than
>"Welcome to Connex Trains" over and over again, how about some news
>headlines?

Apparently, this will become operation on the 19th of October
(according to a small pamphlet which I found on the floor).  It will
also be accompanied by automatic PA announcements.

Regards,
Chris Brown