Re: [NSW] Olympic TT - Sunday 17/9

Hi

I thought I'd go up to the Quay after work and have a look-see from 1400.

Central was using a new entry/exit arrangement with exits via Elizabeth
Street and entry via Eddy Avenue. Staff were placed at relevant pages and
the signage was clear (there should be an Olympics more often, me thinks). I
went to platform 20 where a near empty C set (from what I could see) arrived
soon after. The platforms at St James and Museum appeared relatively
uncongested.

Circular Quay was crowded as predicted. Entry was via the barriers from
Alfred Street only and the escalators. Exit was via the stairs and open
doors towards the wharves. Staff again were working well and the signage was
good. Ms DVA could hardly be heard though. I wonder if office staff in the
Rovers program will now have more empathy with operational staff after
seeing what they have to go through.

I mainly stayed near the ferry wharves looking at the ferries including the
new Super Cats (and the people of course).
There was lots of entertainment with the funniest thing being a lady dressed
up as a cow. The way she was dressed,m it looked like someone was riding the
cow. I found the people watching to be more fun. Despite the crowds,
everyone was mainly well behaved. There was a fair share of athletes and
tourists walking around enjoying the sunshine (and to think that it was very
cold and foggy that morning).

I caught a train from the inner platform which was crowded but well
organised. It was most noticable how quiet Ms DVA was. Are any trains
stopping at Casula? Crowds looked big at Town Hall and were big but well
handled again at Central. I caught a near empty service to Springwood at
1630 ( 2 X T sets) but a lot of people caught the train at Blacktown after
the events there.Penrith was also more crowded than usual for the obvious
reasons.

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com