5:18pm Fiasco

Hello all.

I'm reporting on the 5:18pm Central to Mt. Victoria Service. I was on
board that train after a fun day at a HET workday.
On location (Granville and on board to Blacktown) I wrote the following
journal entry.
----------

"I was on the 5:18pm Central-Mt. victoria service.
On that service there was a motor problem with the carriages DJM-8113
and also DIM9147 (V66).

The train was travelling much slower than usual and stalled beyond the
platform at Ashfield. We arrive at Strathfield with no reports of
problems.

After passing lidcombe the train begins its weakly "chokes" before
stalling at CLyde and stopping at Granville and the Guard announces the
problem.

He also notifies that passengers travelling to Surburban Stations
should change to a surburban service.

I follow that note and catch a normal service where at Parramatta I
find my previous Intercity service stopping on platform 2!!!

I finally catch up with the service at Westmead (running across the
platform) and jump on board.

Just approaching Blacktown the guard says "This serice will terminate
at Penrith, There will be another train at Penrith across the Platform"

This message was repeated 3 or 4 times between Werrington and Penrith.

We arrived at Penrith at 6:35pm (Usually 6:09pm) which we were 26mins
late!

At Penrith the replacing service was in-fact the 5:57pm from Mt.
Victoria to Central.
The normal 5:18pm was then going on an Up service.

I have pictures of the failure carriages, V66, V69 (REplacing service)
and the crowded Granville Platform.

>From Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/