Sydney - railway from Parramatta to Gladesville built. was -Re: (NSW): Olympic Timetable (15/9)

Chris Downs wrote:

<snip>

> I also noticed yesterday that the STA (State Transit Authority) has
> cancelled a stack of bus services for complete routes to provide buses to
> the ORTA (Olympic Roads and Transport Authority).  Routes cancelled included
> (from memory) 300, 350, 352 (good for the AL) 100, 140 + several others.
>
> Chris

Did you happen to notice that one route cancelled was 520 Parrmatta to
Wynyard (usually Circular Quay) and it suggested that the alternative
was train. When was a line commissioned between Parramatta, Ermington,
Gladesville, Drumoyne and the city? Should they not have advised 540 and
501 with discount fares (both STA services)

Also, I don't believe that train is a viable alternative for the airport
services 100, 300, 350 for luggage considerations. Yes people do use
them with luggage. At least the 400 wasn't mentioned.