Re: [NSW] Olympic TT - Day 2

"Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
pmbw5.16809$cr3.443984@ozemail.com.au">news:pmbw5.16809$cr3.443984@ozemail.com.au...
> A largely well handled day from what I saw.
>
> All late am services (west, and East Hills) were spot on time.  East Hills
> services were still close to time (max 5 minutes late for one service on
the
> down) in the early evening.
>
> Town Hall was quietish around 2000, no doubt due to barred entry.  leaving
> the station was no problem although the upper concourse attendant (in the
> paid area) was really frustrated by passengers ignoring his exit
> instructions.

<snip>

On the Sydney trams good loadings were experienced. Started my shift at
18:30, there were plenty of passengers travelling from stops on the Westex
to Pyrmont Bay but by 20:00 things were very quiet.

Everything came alive when the crowds started to head home.  A new
experience leaving Star City on the Down, as opposed to the Up, with a crush
load.  Six trams in service at 01:00 when things came apart.  I left Central
Station about 01:10.  The two following trams both had to be withdrawn from
service due to "protein spills" and returned to the depot for cleaning, this
through the headway into disaray.  When I knocked-off at 02:30, the four
trams in service were still running to Lilyfield.

Ted