Re: New Zig Zag track construction

You can't join the old formation (heading west) from the Clarence Colliery
road unless you have a 4WD.  The colliery road cuts across the old line's
formation on a grade and whatever form of crossing used requires
considerable works to move the colliery road.  There is no simple (or cheap)
solution to this problem. (this is from observations last Sunday).

Also how will the line access platform 1 at Newnes Junction for the last
500m, dual gauge track with the colliery line?

Chris

Chris <chrisc@fl.net.au> wrote in message 39fe92e9@fl.net.au">news:39fe92e9@fl.net.au...
> I think they are already cleared the area near the colliery road, as I was
> looking for the road which uses the old newnes line trackbed, - where is
> that?, no signs and many dirt trails.
>
> Chris
>

> "Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 3lkL5.11406$SF5.238471@ozemail.com.au">news:3lkL5.11406$SF5.238471@ozemail.com.au...
> > You've hit the nail on the head.
> >
> > My understanding is that the line can only go as far as Clarence
Colliery
> > Road due to funding constraints at present.  Advice is being sought by
ZZR