Re: G set

If you're really desperate for a G set, wait at Strathfield at the
following times on platform 5/6, and you'll almost be guaranteed a G
set:

platform 5: (all proceed to Hornsby)
7.42, 8.42, 9.12, 9.35, 10.40, 3.09pm

platform 6: (proceeds to the North Sydney or Hornsby via Shore)
8.30, 9.44, 10.44, 12.44, 1.14pm, 3.14pm, 3.44pm, 4.25pm, 4.54pm

I might have missed a few, but these times should be flexible enough.
I also left out those services going to the West.

In article <8tm1h3$933$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:

> It was one time I caught a G-SET between Central and Redfern (If I can
> remember exactly, it was on the 17/9/00). I was scared at first
because
> I found out this was an intercity service to Gosford (After the doors
> were closed and locked and looking at the Plasma Screen on the
> platfrom) and might not stop at Redfern, instead, continuing
> aaaallllllll the way to Strathfield!!!
>
> Anyways, it is an occasion that I'm out at St Marys station in the
> morning and I usually see the 7:47am from Springwood which is a G-SET.
>
> Now I got a question, what are the chances of an Intercity Service
> (preferbably hauled by G-SETS) being hauled by a T-SET?
> (Some may remember my message, 6:40pm to Springwood, posted on the
> 17/9/00)

When G sets can't be found, T sets will be used. A good example is the
occasional working of Central Coast via Central/North Shore services in
the afternoons and the Central Coast to Central/Epping/Hornsby via
North Shore trains in the morning peak.

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |
|Public Transport Ticketing @              |
|http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiwifruit |