Strange timetabling at Box Hill

Hi all

Last week I caught a train at Box Hill (I have driven to work over the past
year and a half) to go to Boronia station.

I looked up at the tv screen and it said the next train was a Lilydale train
but that it would run express Box Hill - Blackburn - Mitcham - Ringwood.. I
wondered whether Connex had improved train services since taking over
operations.

The Lilydale train arrived and departed and I glanced at the screen again.
The Belgrave train was next (good) and it too showed that the train would
run express Box Hill - Blackburn - Mitcham - Ringwood. I have long dreamed
of a Belgrave service with express Ringwood to Box Hill so I thought - at
last - progress!

The train arrived and I hopped on. Unfortunately I didn't have the new
refurbished carriages so I didn't notice much difference. I waited to hear
the train speed through Laburnum but no - it proceeded to stop at every
station to Boronia.

What is going on here? Are there expresses on this line or not?

cheers Peter

Not much had changed