Re: Strange timetabling at Box Hill

In article <OLvL5.8447$Xx3.37391@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au>,>
I looked up at the tv screen and it said the next train was a Lilydale
train
> but that it would run express Box Hill - Blackburn - Mitcham -
Ringwood.. I
> wondered whether Connex had improved train services since taking over
> operations.

Sounds like <Camberwell Shopper Express> to me. Connex runs regular
shopper express between Camberwell and Ringwood. But due to infrequent
of the service and it only goes as far as Camberwell not many people
sue it.

> The train arrived and I hopped on. Unfortunately I didn't have the new
> refurbished carriages so I didn't notice much difference. I waited to
hear
> the train speed through Laburnum but no - it proceeded to stop at
every
> station to Boronia.
>
> What is going on here? Are there expresses on this line or not?
>
> cheers Peter
>
> Not much had changed

Maybe the monitors gone off(possibly showed the previous service rather
then the one you caught).....I travelled regularly from Box Hill and
saw them broke down a few times.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin