Re: [NSW] Tangara problems

Watching Tangaras being driven at Olympic Park is instructive when it comes
to braking.  Drivers appear for more comfortable approaching a signal at
danger at a higher speed on 1 in 33 descending (especially compared with K
sets) or approaching the end of OP's platform in the knowledge that the
train will stop where they want.  This may be more of an indictment on the
braking power and consistency of other train types however.

I had a feeling that the service brakes on Tangaras were reduced in power in
the early 90s.  A full service application on a Tangara was something to
behold - serious braking power.  Was this so or do drivers not use the 6th
and 7th service braking notches now because they through standees off their
feet too readily?

Chris

either s the service braking power of Tangaras reduced
39FCBD77.950D1C3D@ozemail.com.au">news:39FCBD77.950D1C3D@ozemail.com.au...