Re: [NSW] Tangara problems

Hubert Lam wrote:

> So apart from driver and passenger's complaints about how seats are
> hard and terminal doors swining open, what are some of the
> technical/mechanical aspects that have proven to be extremely
> troublesome? In my original post I referred to the "loud braking"
> around year 1993-5 (not 93-5 as in some technical jargon), what was all
> that about? I don't seem to hear that sort of noise now.

I do recall that Tangara's had loud braking when stopping at stations and
flats were developing at a fast rate.

At first they blamed the drivers, saying driver error/misuse, but I read
somewhere (years ago) that there was a design fault in the electronic
brakes circuit board. Apparently the circuit boards tracks were wired to
the wrong transistors (or something like that). Once they replaced the
boards, the loud braking became history!

I think it was around 1992-1993 that they discovered it.

Regards,

Jon Lau