Re: [NSW] Tangara problems

So apart from driver and passenger's complaints about how seats are
hard and terminal doors swining open, what are some of the
technical/mechanical aspects that have proven to be extremely
troublesome? In my original post I referred to the "loud braking"
around year 1993-5 (not 93-5 as in some technical jargon), what was all
that about? I don't seem to hear that sort of noise now.

In article <39FBFC5B.AB34C5B1@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Tezza wrote:
>
> > "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
> > 8tgi4t$fv$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8tgi4t$fv$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > I recall one of such was the doors not being able to close
properly and
> > > very loud braking around 93-5.
> > >
> > > What are the other problems that the Tangaras had when they were
> > > delivered, and when were they fixed?
> >
> > The Driver's side window catches are useless, the windows keep
coming down.
> > Driver's side window too hard to open/close (when it's not opening
on it's
> > own).
> > The terminal doors keep coming open.
> > When it rains, water pisses in the terminal door, all over the
floor.
> > Brake handles too stiff.
> > Brake run-on.
> > Blinds not staying down.
>
> Destination Indicators never installed on over half of them.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/