Re: [Melb] Hawksburn fatality

"David McLoughlin" <davemclNOSPAM@iprolink.co.nz> wrote in
message 39FB9B09.BE0@iprolink.co.nz">news:39FB9B09.BE0@iprolink.co.nz...
> Wilco wrote:
> >
> > If it was a Supermarket trolley she must be a thief!
>

> Well that was my first impression, but she would have to be a
very
> brazen thief to take one on a train. I suspect it was a
personal
> shopping trolley. My mother in law has one, and my mother had
one when I
> was a kid in Melbourne before we got a car.
>
> David McLoughlin
> Auckland New Zealand

The trolley was a four wheeler. The police definitely said that
she was taking a shortcut across the tracks. Although I don't
see that it's much of a shortcut. The shopping trolley was full,
apparently, so why would a fifty-year old woman, of Asian
appearance, wheel her fully laden shopping trolley onto platform
four, heave it done onto the tracks, cross two lines, then heave
it up onto platform three.
It would much easier to go up the ramp and across the pedestrian
bridge.

The other point that emerges from this is that if she was
getting to platform three to take an upline train, there must be
a very good shopping centre in the Hawksburn Village.

Regards,
David Lindstrom