Re: What is State Rail up to? (NSW Paralympics)

In article <39fa35e7$0$6042$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

> "Graham Smith"
> > Ivan Smith
> > > Well the plot thickens:
> > >
> > > "Please use the first 3 cars only, as the last three are booked
for school
> > > children going to the Paralympics". I was mightily pissed off as
I heard
> > > this and the only saving graces are that a) the normal commuter
traffic
> > > wasn't as full on this morning so it wasn't a crush before
Sutherland and
> > b)
> > > this is the last day this will happen, as The Games finish on
Sunday.

> > What a misery guts you are Ivan! Surely those children who have
paid their
> > fare are as entitled to use publicly-funded resources as any other
> > traveller? Would you deny them the opportunity to attend the Games
just to
> > maintain your own comfort level?
>
> What fare? They travel for free.

Their DayPasses covers public transport. Therefore it's not free as it
would've been included in the cost of the DayPass.

> > After all, it is those children who have made the atmosphere of this
> > magnificant event what it is, in the times when the venues could
have been
> > echoing with the sounds of silence for lack of an audience.
>
> Even with them, most TV coverage I've seen has shown vast areas of
vacant
> seats.

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |
|Public Transport Ticketing @              |