Re: What is State Rail up to? (NSW Paralympics)

Ivan Smith <ivsmith11@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
8k3K5.918$Tq6.8605@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:8k3K5.918$Tq6.8605@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Well the plot thickens:
>
> "Please use the first 3 cars only, as the last three are booked for school
> children going to the Paralympics". I was mightily pissed off as I heard
> this and the only saving graces are that a) the normal commuter traffic
> wasn't as full on this morning so it wasn't a crush before Sutherland and
b)
> this is the last day this will happen, as The Games finish on Sunday.
>
> I'm going to Olympic Park tomorrow to attend The Games, so I'm putting my
> tolerant hat on for the day. I do expect to get crushed, bruised, pushed,
> abused etc all day whilst travelling tomorrow. It's going to be
interesting
> to see how many people can actually work out what "please remain behind
the
> yellow line until all passengers have alighted from the train" means, or
> will I be witness to yet another mindless self centred rush for non
existent
> seats?
>
> Hopefully, those other Games that were on recently will have tamed a few
of
> these types.
>
> Ivan

What a misery guts you are Ivan! Surely those children who have paid their
fare are as entitled to use publicly-funded resources as any other
traveller? Would you deny them the opportunity to attend the Games just to
maintain your own comfort level?

After all, it is those children who have made the atmosphere of this
magnificant event what it is, in the times when the venues could have been
echoing with the sounds of silence for lack of an audience.

If you are unable to cope with a train journey I hate to think how you will
manage in some of the queues for venues and generally crowded atmosphere
which I have observed at Olympic Park over the last week or so.

Graham Smith