Re: Paralympics - by rail from Newcastle

Yesterday (Thursday) when we arrived at Strathfield (5) from Epping,
they announced that the next O/P service was to run from No 6. However
three O/P services went through on No 3 before our service arrived -
then took 25 minutes to get to O/P. All up a 1 hour trip from Epping!

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:16:48 GMT, Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote:

>In article <xDK2NluHBVGg-pn2-CSyoS7hmzpxZ@Office>,
>  harris@nobbys.splat.spam.net.au (stephen) wrote:
>> Went to the Paralympics by rail from Newcastle yesterday.
>>
>> Here is the good and the poor of it (from passenger perspective).
>>
>> Good trip down. Took 10 minutes to buy tickets at Broadmeadow for the
>> 6.30 am train - but they had both ticket windows selling so everyone
>> accepted that fine.
>>
>> After Gosford announcements were made that the train would now have an
>> additional stop - at Concord West - and it was requested that people
>> walk from there to Olympic Park. Sounded like good thinking on
>> someone's part.
>
>That should've been the case for all intercity services during any sort
>of major event at Olympic Park. Don't know why they haven't done it
>with the Paralympics timetable though. Not one single extra train
>stopping at Concord West during this time, so everyone goes to
>Strathfield instead.
>>

>--
>|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |
>|Public Transport Ticketing @              |
>|http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiwifruit |
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

(please remove RUBARB to be able to reply)