Paralympics - by rail from Newcastle

Went to the Paralympics by rail from Newcastle yesterday.

Here is the good and the poor of it (from passenger perspective).

Good trip down. Took 10 minutes to buy tickets at Broadmeadow for the
6.30 am train - but they had both ticket windows selling so everyone
accepted that fine.

After Gosford announcements were made that the train would now have an
additional stop - at Concord West - and it was requested that people
walk from there to Olympic Park. Sounded like good thinking on
someone's part.

Return trip was not so good.

8.29 pm train from Strathfield was only a 4 car train. Was very
crowded. It took until after Wyong for everyone in our carriage to get
a seat. There was considerable muttering among the passengers near me
about the short train.

Regards,

Stephen