Re: standardising Victoria

> Warrenheip
> >
> > > If the Miludra line is converted to SG then one of the many options is
> > > to make Nth Geelong - Ballarat Dual Gauge,
> >
> > The last thing I want to see
>
> You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly irrelevant.
>
> > is North Geelong - Ballarat dual gauge! it
> > should be two single lines, one of each gauge.
>
> Agreed, that is the only sensible option.

Well that has to all be decided.  They could even build a new line from
Ouyen to Hopetourn and run the SG that way.

But yes Nth Geelong - Ballarat should be double line (one for each
gauge).  I understand the only reason Nth Geelong - Gheringhap was not
made two single lines was the Viaduct at Moorabool.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news